Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Make a difference Today in the movement to end gun violence
If you would like to fight gun violence today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Brady to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and bring life-saving change to America.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of our mission to end gun violence? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to Brady, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. In this way, you can double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of fighting for gun violence prevention in Congress, the courts, classrooms, and local communities. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Brady Center.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the Brady Center so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 or older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the Brady Center, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
The Impact of Your Giving
could sponsor a national team enough two day summit for 75 students.
This will include gun violence prevention experts, peer organizers, and trainers.
could fund an interactive map for crime gun sales across America
to help gun owners select dealers based on safe business practices and if crime guns have been traced back to the gun seller.
could argue and win an appeal
in a groundbreaker state supreme court case holding gun dealers liable for supplying crime guns.